Project Manager / Engineer
Phone: 623.889.0166 Ext 307
JEF Office: Phoenix
1 W. Deer Valley Road, Suite 101
Phoenix, AZ 85027
Brian Fry has over 26 years of experience as a consulting engineer; most of this time was spent as a project manager/engineer for drainage and flood control related projects. Brian currently serves as a Project Manager /Engineer at JE Fuller/ Hydrology & Geomorphology, Inc. He has served as a project manager and project engineer for a wide range of project types including drainage studies and master plans, storm drains, detention/retention basins, open channel planning, analysis, and design projects throughout Arizona. Brian’s experience/expertise is characterized by the following:
• A unique ability to grasp the “big picture” through extensive master planning experience as well as detailed design, through preparation of construction documents for large scale drainage projects.
• Skilled at managing and coordinating multi-discipline project teams through MS Project scheduling, effective team communication, close coordination with client/agency project manager, and helping to clarify a shared “vision” for the project.
• Strong technical skills particularly in the areas of hydrologic modeling, hydraulic analysis and design, including culvert, storm drain, and open channel hydraulics as well as specialized structures such as drop structures, spillways, detention/retention basins, and dams.
• Brian is well known for his drainage master planning which includes large scale area drainage master plans (ADMPs) for Flood Control District of Maricopa County (7 ADMPs), several Arizona communities, and airports, most recently including a drainage master plan update for Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
• Unique and challenging design projects including: high velocity, steep slope rectangular channels in Bullhead City; a regulatory dam with steep storm drain inlets with unique seismic considerations in Yuma; natural, landscaped earth channelization improvements in Phoenix and Queen Creek; and Joint-use detention basin city parks in Phoenix, Mesa, and Yuma.
Brian also enjoys mountain climbing, backpacking, and triathlon. He has climbed 40 of Colorado’s over 14,000 foot peaks (fourteeners) and has recently summited 14,410 foot Mount Rainier in Washington State.
Professional Engineer, Arizona, New Mexico
Certified Floodplain Manager
B.S. in Engineering, Arizona State University