- Precision Principle Outlet (PO) gate position unknown during operation
- Aging ALERT data collection infrastructure and vandalism
- No ability to remotely interrogate/display impoundment stage and PO position on demand
- Site inspection
- Researched as-built plans and position sensor options
- Designed/Specified a submersible linear position sensor custom made by Positek, and updated data collection platform
- JEF repaired existing conduit, installed approximately 150 feet of new conduit , and installed 500 feet of new position sensor cable and the new PO linear position sensor.
- JEF Integrated the existing and new sensors with a Campbell Scientific data logger and display system with redundant ALERT and Cell telemetry, and calibrated existing and new sensors.
- JEF Re-positioned and surveyed the existing pressure transducer impoundment stage sensor, and test operated the PO gate with the new linear position sensor in place.
Project Highlight: Shoens Dam
Navajo County, Arizona
Navajo County Public Works Department