- Post-fire conditions in the area created the need for a quick inundation area analysis.
- Any at-risk properties would need to be identified.
- Flood travel times to affected properties from upstream gage would need to be estimated.
- Multiple profile HEC-RAS models using Countywide 10-ft contour topography were developed.
- Inundation areas and flow velocity zones were delineated using RAS Mapper software.
- Travel times were computed using the results of HEC-RAS.
- Inundation maps were provided for 10, 20, and 30 thousand cfs profiles.
- Travel time estimates were included for each profile.
- Estimates of the relation to potential rainfall based on USFS research documents from Southern AZ were provided.
Maricopa County, AZ
Flood Control District of Maricopa County